Catholic Women Bloggers of the Mid-Atlantic Celebrate His Visit to Our Region
by Abigail Benjamin and Julie Walsh
Pope Francis will make his first visit to the United States from September 22, 2015 to September 27, 2015. The Pope will visit the cities of Washington D.C., New York City, and Philadelphia, in addition to celebrating Mass at the World Meeting of Families.
The Mid-Atlantic Conference of the Catholic Women Blogger Network (CWBN) is a lively group of writers from Virginia to New York. We feel blessed to be welcoming our Holy Father to our home region this September.
Several of our members plan to attend official events during the Pope’s visit; others will be monitoring them from their homes and communities. Regardless of our locales, our members look forward to the opportunity to #WalkwithFrancis via our reports and reflections on the Pope’s historic visit to the United States.
Select CWBN members will attend the following events during Pope Francis’s visit:
- Arrival at Andrews Airforce Base (Washington, D.C.)
- White House Welcoming Ceremony (Washington, D.C.)
- Papal Parade (Washington, D.C.)
- Canonization Mass for Blessed Junipero Serra (Washington, D.C.)
- Address to Congress (Washington, D.C.)
- Central Park Procession (New York City)
- Mass at Madison Square Gardens (New York City)
- World Meeting of Families (Philadelphia)
Other members will monitor those events and more (including the Masses, the Pope’s addresses to Congress and the United Nations, and his visit to the 9/11 Memorial in New York City) from home.
Those who have committed to posting on the Papal visit include:
- Joy Bailey, of Joy in the Morning
- Abigail Benjamin, of Abigail Benjamin
- Emily Borman, of Conversation With Women
- Rita Buettner, of Open Window (at the Catholic Review)
- Chris Capolino, of Campfires and Cleats
- Erin Cupp, of Erin McCole Cupp
- Rachel Cupps, of Three Little Cupps in a Cupboard
- Patti Murphy Dohn, of God is in the Clouds (at the Catholic Review)
- Abbey Davis Dupuy, of Surviving Our Blessings
- Brigid Hogan, of Cold Pressed
- Meg Hunter-Kilmer of Held By His Pierced Hands
- Mary Lenaburg, of Passionate Perseverance
- Leah Libresco, of Unequally Yoked
- Kelly Mantoan, of This Ain’t The Lyceum
- Connie Ann Poulos, of Tales From the Valley
- Melanie Rigney, of Melanie Rigney
- Julie Walsh, of These Walls
Please stop back here as the Pope’s visit progresses (and after it concludes) for links to our members’ posts. This collection-point will be updated at least daily, and more frequently as necessary. New posts will be added from September 22nd through the 29th.
Please also follow our members who plan to have a heavy presence on social media during the Pope’s visit:
- Kate Abbott (a Catholic Voices Associate) – Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Periscope
- Patti Murphy Dohn – Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
- Kelly Mantoan – Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Periscope
We hope you find that our effort to #WalkwithFrancis helps you to do the same.